Last update: 10th May 2017
We at Listen AS take your privacy seriously. This privacy statement explains what data we collect, how we store and transfer it and how we use it. Some of the data we collect, either individually or aggregated may be considered personal. We have safeguards in place to protect your data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Why do we collect data?
We only process your data for purposes that are objectively justified by our products and services. We process this data with respect to your fundamental right to privacy, including the need to protect personal integrity and private life and to ensure that your personal data is of adequate quality. Unless otherwise stated, we determine the purposes for and manners in which your data is collected (in legalese, we act as a “data controller” regarding personal data).
We collect data to:
- Improve, debug, and maintain Listen products and services
- Study and personalize user experiences
- Fulfill legal requirements
- Conduct business analysis and research, and marketing campaigns
- Ensure better security and fraud protection
We may also use your data to send personalized information regarding updates, upgrades, enhancements, surveys, recommendations and/or advertisements, if we believe these are relevant for you.
What data do we collect?
We collect user data and behavior to improve future versions of the app. This may include:your age ,gender, location and non-personal technical data, for example who manufactured your device, your screen’s resolution, your mobile operator’s region and code.
How do we collect data?
Generally, we collect data:
- When you provide it explicitly to us; for example, when you submit a form on our websites
- When you install and run our products, use our services, or visit our websites
- When third parties share information with us
When we collect your data, we associate it with a unique ID and a unique device ID that are generated when you install MobileEars. These identifiers are anonymized and cannot be linked to you as an individual person. We also take measures to remove any possible connections between these IDs and other types of personal data.
Some third-party sites may monitor data traffic from our products and services, such as numbers of hits and the search terms used. We do not make available any personally identifiable information to these services.
This privacy statement does not cover third-party apps you access and use through our products and services, nor does it cover links to other websites. We do not control the privacy and security practices and policies of these third parties and their sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of the third-party apps and websites you use.
We use Flurry Analytics in our apps to measure usage and for marketing campaigns. You can find more information about Flurry´s privacy policies and how to opt-out at http://www.flurry.com/legal-privacy/privacy-policy
How do we protect your data?
We are a Norwegian company and we follow Norwegian data-security laws as well as other national legislation, as needed.
Only a limited number of Listen AS employees have access to the data we collect. We review and update our working procedures regularly to improve your privacy and ensure that our internal policies are followed. We immediately correct any non-conformance regarding these policies.
Our commitment to your privacy does not extend to third-party products and services you may access from Listen AS products and services. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of the third-party products and services you use.
How do we share your data?
We may share your data:
- To government bodies and law enforcement agencies to comply with the law, for example in judicial proceedings, by court order or other legal process
- To third parties (including professional advisors) to enforce or defend our legal rights, including our terms and conditions
- To a third-party purchaser or seller (including professional advisors) in connection with a corporate event such as a merger, business acquisition or insolvency situation
- As described elsewhere in this statement
Some parts of our products and services include third-party technology or code that may use the collected data. We may share anonymized and/or aggregated sets of data with our partners and other trusted third parties.
Your data may be transferred to countries that do not have the same level of data protection laws as those in the country where you are located.
If you have any questions about this statement or any privacy issues regarding Listen AS products or services, we can be reached at: